Students must be awarded Federal Work-Study through their 2014-2015 Financial Aid award to be eligible to apply for the positions listed. All positions are available for the academic year (fall and spring semesters) and located on the USD campus, unless otherwise noted. The start date and weekly schedule will be determined at the time of hire. Most positions offer the opportunity to work 10-12 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters. Students may be considered for positions with additional responsibilities and higher pay rates, depending on their skills and experience.
To apply for a position, contact the supervisor via the email address listed in the position description. Indicate in the email the title of the position and why you are interested in working in the department. Attach a copy of your resumé and class schedule for the fall semester.
Please contact the USD Student Employment Center with any questions about the Job Board
(Email: email@example.com; Phone: (619) 260-4801).
Job Title: Student Assistant
Pay Rate: $9.00/hour
Department Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Contact: Sonia Zarate, firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate "Office Assistant" in the subject line)
Required: Federal Work-Study included in 2014-2015 Financial Aid Award
- Data collection
- Work on various projects as assigned by the Director and Executive Assistant, which may be time-sensitive, require accuracy, and can involve confidential information
- Experience with one or more of the following is required: art, graphic design, social media, webpage management (art, communication studies, computer science majors)
- Working knowledge of Excel and data management and/or attention to detail is desirable
- Must be self-motivated, task oriented and able to multitask
- Experience communicating with people at various levels & from diverse backgrounds is preferred
- When applying, please include a paragraph explaining why you are interested in working with the Office of Undergraduate Research and how your education/professional experience makes you a strong candidate