Office of Financial Aid
It is the mission of the USD Office of Financial Aid to provide financial assistance in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner as well as to provide the best possible service.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION INFORMATION 2015-16
The priority deadline for undergraduate students is March 2, 2015.
The priority deadline for graduate students is April 1, 2015.
USD's Undergraduate/Graduate FAFSA School Code is 010395
- 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web
- 2015-16 Guide to Applying/Reapplying for Financial Aid at USD for Undergraduate Students
- 2015-16 Guide to Applying/Reapplying for Financial Aid at USD for Graduate/Credential Students
- 2015-16 Bishop Maher Catholic Leadership Scholarship Application (for Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and new Transfer students)
- 2015-16 Completion of the Data Retrieval Process (DRT) and Tax Return Transcript (TRT) Information
- 2015-16 Change of Status E-Form
- How to Create an FSA ID The FSA ID - a username and password - has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites.
Please note that the red flags on the MySanDiego portal for the Federal Direct Loan records for the upcoming academic year will not be updated until mid-July if all requirements have been completed. This includes applications, Entrance Loan Counseling, and Master Promissory Notes (MPN).
All students and parents who wish to borrow through the Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Student, PLUS and Graduate PLUS loan programs will be required to apply for their loans through the Department of Education at www.StudentLoans.gov.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION INFORMATION 2014-15
- 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web
- 2014-15 Guide to Applying/Reapplying for Financial Aid at USD for Undergraduate Students
- 2014-15 Guide to Applying/Reapplying for Financial Aid at USD for Graduate/Credential Students
- 2014-15 Completion of the Data Retrieval Process (DRT) and Tax Return Transcript (TRT) Information
- 2014-15 Change of Status E-Form
- Health Insurance Information
USD'S School Code is 010395
Guides and Checklists
- A Guide to Financial Aid Consumer Information
- Checklist for Completing the Financial Aid Application Process
- Federal Student Aid Cheat Sheet
- Navigating "My Financial Aid" in the MySanDiego Portal
- IRS Data Retrieval Tool Tutorial
- When You Turn 18 - A Survival Guide for Teenagers
- Financial Aid Timeline
- How to Create an FSA ID
- 2015 Financial Resolutions