FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION INFORMATION 2014-15
The priority deadline for undergraduate students is March 2, 2014.
The priority deadline for graduate students is April 1, 2014.
USD's Undergraduate/Graduate FAFSA School Code is 010395
- 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web
- 2014-15 Guide to Applying/Reapplying for Financial Aid at USD for Undergraduate Students
- 2014-15 Guide to Applying/Reapplying for Financial Aid at USD for Graduate/Credential Students
- 2014-15 Bishop Maher Catholic Leadership Scholarship Application (for Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and new Transfer students)
- 2014-15 Completion of the Data Retrieval Process (DRT) and Tax Return Transcript (TRT) Information
- 2014-15 Change of Status E-Form
- Health Insurance Information
Important Change to the Federal Direct Loan Program: Please use this link to review the updates regarding your Federal Loans and Grants http://www.ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/attachments/Gen1322.pdf
- Changes to the Federal Direct Subsidized Loan program for Graduate Students. Beginning July 1, 2012, graduate and professional students will no longer be eligible to receive Federal Direct Subsidized Loans. This change will not affect loans received by students prior to July 1st.
- Elimination of the Grace Period Interest Subsidy – Currently, the federal government pays the interest on a Federal Direct Subsidized loan not only when the student is enrolled at least ½ time but also during their 6 month grace period. Effective 7/1/12, the federal government will temporarily eliminate the interest subsidy during the 6 month grace period for loans made between 7/1/12 and 6/30/2014.
- The US Department of Education is Requiring use of the IRS "Data Retrieval Tool" (DRT). FAFSA filers selected for verification must now use the IRS DRT or provide a Tax Return Transcript. Copies of tax forms 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ can no longer be accepted. Click the link for more information.
- Cal Grant Program Changes The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) changed the terms and conditions for Cal Grant renewals.