Non-Resident Tax Preparation
Student Tax Return
As an international student or scholars in the U.S. you are obligated to file a U.S. tax return during your stay. Understanding the U.S. tax system and filing a tax return is an overwhelming and confusing experience for any student.
To make things easier for you, University of San Diego has teamed up with Sprintax - an easy-to-use tax preparation tool, to guide you through the tax preparation process!
Why should you file a tax return?
- Stay tax compliant - Failing to file may impact the status of your current visa and make future U.S. visa applications difficult.
- Avoid penalties - If you miss the April 18th Deadline you may face late filing penalties. Filing prior to this date prevents this, so the earlier you file, the better.
- You may be owed a tax refund - most international students filing a tax return are due a tax refund for overpaid tax. The average refund is $900. It's worth checking if you are due a refund.
Get Started With Sprintax
- Register here
- Answer some easy to understand questions
- Sprintax will do the calculations and prepare your tax return(s)
- You print out the forms, sign them and send them to the tax authorities