Services for Departments and Employees
Note: The Cashier's Office accepts payments by cash and check only. Please visit the Student Accounts website for other payment options.
University policy permits personal checks to be cashed as indicated below. We do not cash payroll checks or third party checks. Note: If a check is returned by the bank for ay reason, including insufficient funds,closed account or stop payment, a $25 returned check fee will be charged.
- Employee Limit: $100/day
To obtain petty cash, you must fill out a Petty Cash Voucher form (Excel). When preparing a voucher, please keep the following in mind:
- Vouchers must be signed by the authorized personnel. The individual requesting the funds cannot authorize the petty cash request.
- The limit for petty cash advance is $100 per day, per department.
- When requesting a petty cash advance, two copies are required: one copy is for the cashier to keep when the petty cash is requested and one copy is for the department to return to the Cashier's Office with original receipts attached. Original, itemized receipts for your advance must be remitted in person within five (5) days of your petty cash advance.
- All petty cash request must be submitted with original, itemized receipts. We do not accept copies. If you are missing a receipt or have only a copy, please complete a Missing Receipt Declaration form (PDF) to accompany the petty cash.
In accordance with University policy and to avoid delays in processing, all deposits must be accompanied by a Cashier's Office Deposit Form (Excel). Please follow these guidelines when making a deposit:
- Deposits must include the complete G.L or POETS string. If yu have any questions or need your POETS or G.L. account number, please refer to the POETS Pointers Reference Guide.
- Deposits must be remitted in a sealed envelope.
- A drop box is located on the second floor of the Hughes Administration Center for after hours payments and deposits.
Sample Deposit Receipt (PDF)