Campus Master Plan
USD Master Plan Update
The University of San Diego is updating our campus Master Plan. This is part of our process to update our campus Conditional Use Permit with the City of San Diego. Our previous Master Plan Update in 1996 projected the physical development of the campus, establishing the environment we enjoy today. In light of significant changes in demographics and expectations for the USD student experience, we are ready to update our road map and vision while staying true to our Catholic Mission.
The Master Plan Update is a tool to:
- Prioritize the highest and best use of campus land.
- Create a framework for future building and site improvements.
- Confirm adequate space is available for possible academic growth and enrollment.
- Update the living/learning environment to reflect campus life and academic goals.
- Guide and inform campus decision makers and leaders.
USD Facilities Management, with the assistance of MW Steele Group, Inc. and Peerson+Design+Consult, and in coordination with representatives from across our campus, assessed and documented facility needs through stakeholder focus groups and campus workshops.
The Master Plan Update will provide a rubric to meet the current and expected space needs of our community. Staying true to our mission and established aesthetic, we have identified new projects and standards to meet the needs of the changing USD population in order to optimally position USD for the years ahead.
Our most recent draft of the Master Plan, as well as several technical studies associated with the Conditional Use Permit update, has been submitted to the City of San Diego for review and comment.
If you would like to access documents or if you have any questions about USD submittals, please contact City of San Diego project manager John Fisher at email@example.com or 619-446-5231.
The following Master Plan documents are available from the links below:
- Subsequent Environmental Impact Report and Public Review - January 6, 2017 (36 MB document)
- USD Master Plan and Design Guidelines - December 8, 2016 (35 MB document)
- Scoping Meeting for the Notice of Preparation of the Subsequent Environmental Impact Report - April 20, 2016
Community Outreach and Public Participation
- January 17, 2017 - USD Master Plan Community Open House (Degheri Alumni Center Center, USD Campus).
- Summer 2016 - Draft EIR distributed for 45-day public review.
- August 13 & 17, 2016 - USD Master Plan Community Open House (Degheri Alumni Center, USD Campus).
- June 15, 2016 - Linda Vista Planning Group sub-committee tour (community welcome).
- May 23, 2016 – USD update to Linda Vista Planning Group.
- April 20, 2016 – Notice of Preparation (NOP) and Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Scoping Meeting hosted by City of San Diego.