Location: Facilities Management
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Phone: (619) 260-4254
USD's Grounds Maintenance department is a devoted group of landscape professionals. We operate by promoting ethical practices that enhance the integrity, quality, and values of the University's Mission Statement and its goals. We take great pride in the appearance of the campus grounds and the impact the beauty has on our lives.
The Grounds Maintenance department is responsible for the exterior maintenance and repairs of all the landscape and hard scape areas throughout the campus. Other functions include the following:
- Trimming of trees, shrubs, lawns, and ground covers
- Mowing, field striping, fertilization integrated pest and water management
- Landscape and irrigation design and overseeing new landscape areas.
- Maintenance and repair of sidewalks, parking lots, roads and signs.
- Weed abatement for fire protection
- Provide landscape input for new construction
- Oversee green waste and trash pickup and disposal