Greening Borders: Cooperation, Security and Diplomacy
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 – Friday, November 20, 2009 at 4 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institue for Peace & Justice Theater
A three-day, binational working conference, November 18-20, to enhance cooperation and effective communication among policymakers, scientists, community organizations, tribal communities, and conflict resolution experts designed to advance integrated water resource management of the Tijuana River Watershed.
- explore transboundary water management approaches from around the world to inspire multi-level and interdisciplinary dialogue locally;
- engage in interactive working sessions that improve conflict management/resolution skills;
- welcome diverse perspectives from both sides of the border;
- recognize and build on previous regional and local initiatives;
- participate in consensus-building workshops to identify shared priorities
- strive towards securing political support and funding.