Chemistry and Biochemistry Summer Reunion and Research Fundraiser
Date and Time
Saturday, July 12, 2014 from 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Shiley Center for Science and Technology, Atrium
San Diego, CA 92110
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry invites you to the 2014 Summer Reunion and Research Fundraiser
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Shiley Center for Science and Technology Atrium, University of San Diego
12:00 – 2:30 pm
Cost: $50 for adults; $10 for kids 6 – 12 years old; kids 5 and under are free
All chemistry and biochemistry alumni and their guests are cordially invited to attend our department’s third Summer Reunion and Research Fundraiser.
- BBQ lunch, dessert, iced tea and lemonade
- Activities for the kids, including chromatography t-shirts and sunprints!
- Student and faculty research presentations and displays
- Raffle Prizes. Tickets available for purchase at the event
- Casual attire
To RSVP, please continue on to the registration page. Approximately $25 of each ticket is tax-deductible and will support the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department’s Student Summer Research Fund, which provides financial support to USD students who conduct summer research in the department.
Contributions: If you are unable to attend or wish to contribute above the listed ticket price, please consider:
- Contributing to the department’s Alumni Research Fellowship. We suggest donating the $50 ticket price if you are unable to attend. Contribute here.
- Becoming a member of the President’s Club and directing your gift to the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry by clicking here.
- Donating items for the event’s raffle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss donations.
Volunteers: If you are interested in volunteering at the event, please contact Debbie Finocchio via email email@example.com or phone (619) 260-2276.
Please note that our event is the same weekend as the USD Wine Classic! There is a four course Vintners Dinner the evening of Saturday, July 12, with wine pairings from Peachy Canyon, Kimmel, PlumpJack and St. Francis. Tickets are $150 each and proceeds benefit student scholarships. Sunday, July 13, is the annual USD Wine Classic where more than 30 USD affiliated wineries and 700 alumni and friends will eat, drink and be merry. We encourage you to join us for all three events.
Update us or have questions? Please send an update to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you are doing now – where you went to graduate school, where are you working, where you are living, information about your family…we would love to hear from you!
We want to thank you for your generous support of the Alumni Research Fellowship. The 2013 Fellowships were awarded to Alyssa Rodriguez and Alexandra Heller.
- Facebook: Like the University of San Diego Chemistry and Biochemistry page
- LinkedIn: Send a request to join the University of San Diego Chemistry and Biochemistry alumni group to Debbie Tahmassebi at email@example.com or (619) 260-7454.
Artwork pictured by Shannen Cravens '11