Developing and Implementing a Focused Global Sales Strategy
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 – Tuesday, April 15, 2014 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Three sessions: April 1, 8 and 15
In today's global marketplace, individuals and companies are increasingly looking to sell to foreign customers which often requires that they expand their sales and business operations to international locations. Many times international selling starts with the basic demands of the current customer who is expanding outside of the U.S. and asking its suppliers to follow. In other instances, companies are looking to sell internationally in order to compensate for slumping domestic sales or otherwise to grow revenues. In all cases, a focused strategy must be developed and implemented in order for individuals and companies to realize a sufficient payoff from such a large investment of time and resources by the company and its sales force.
- Design and execute an international selling strategy that supports the goals of the company
- Identify best practices of selling globally and managing a global sales force
- Demonstrate consideration for foreign customs and culturesEvaluate pertinent trade regulations and mechanisms of each target country including tariff and non-tariff trade barriers, quotas, and exchange controls
- Determine how much product and price adaptation is necessary for each foreign market
- Develop a process for finding and obtaining high quality in-country partners
- Evaluate the various methods of working with each partner and pick the most appropriate one
- Assess the proper sales and delivery terms to ensure payment while mitigating international financial risk