Sustainable Business Model Design
Date and Time
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 – Tuesday, February 25, 2014 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
San Diego, CA 92110
This course centers on the contributions that commerce, business, and economic development can make toward building sustainable peace and prosperity. It explores issues such as globalization, corruption, corporate social responsibility, business strategy, extreme affordability business model design, and sustainability as they enable or hinder the creation of wealth and social transformation, particularly for the 4 billion people living in poverty and duress. Through robust and sustainable business model design-oriented cases, methodologies and specific examples, participants will assess trade and business opportunities in the global economy that foster cross-cultural understandings that are economically profitable, socially responsible and ecologically sound. Participants will also examine the achievements and challenges of multi-sector collaborations seeking significant social and environmental impact.
- Identify ways in which business can promote peace and social value while being profitable
- Strategize and design a robust business model that include objectives related to people, planet, profits, peace and prosperity
- Distinguish the managerial challenges of corporate social responsibility in a global context
- Identify the benefits and challenges of operating in an emerging market
- Assess new designs/paradigms to support sustainable enterprises and the role of business as a force and partner for penta-bottom line results: people, planet, profit, peace and prosperity