Global Business Strategy: International Innovation Strategies
Date and Time
Thursday, April 25, 2013 – Thursday, May 9, 2013 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Shiley Center for Science and Technology, Room 261
San Diego, CA 92110
Three session seminar: April 25, May 2 and May 9, 2013
*Save $175 by registering for the Global Business Strategy certificate. For $1,995 you can enroll in 50 seminar hours to receive this certificate.
The seminar will provide a comprehensive assessment of the current issues and concepts of International Innovation Strategies. The seminar is structured into three segments: Innovation Strategies and Organization, Innovation Processes and Performance, and Ideation Techniques. More specifically this includes:
1. Innovation Strategies and Organization
- Organizing Innovation in global environments
- Innovation portfolio management
- Innovation governance
2. Innovation Processes and Performance
- Innovations in process alignment
- Open innovation
- Strategic innovation management
- Innovations in global M&As
3. Ideation Techniques
- Idea generation
- Ideation techniques
- Fostering idea processes
- Identify key opportunities for competitive advantage through innovation
- Demonstrate understanding of how to nurture innovative capacity in a firm and how to build, lead and sustain a creative organization
- Develop an initial practical toolset that enables you to drive change and growth in your organization
- Develop several management and decision-making skills with respect to innovation and R&D
- Identify several leadership and individual roles that make innovation happen
Total seminar hours: 9
Carsten Zimmermann is an Assistant Professor of Strategic Management at the University of San Diego. He is interested in questions that relate to the role of resources, ambidextrous practices, and capabilities in early-stage internationalization and innovation. Recently, his co-edited book on "Strategic Reconfigurations" has been published at Edward Elgar. Carsten holds masters and PhD degrees from the University of Cambridge, UK, and has worked several years at the strategic management consultancies A.T. Kearney and Capgemini Consulting.
Sebastian Kortmann is an Assistant Professor of Strategy and Innovation at the University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. He holds a PhD in Strategy and Innovation Management from Muenster University, Germany and a Diploma in Industrial Engineering and Management from RWTH Aachen University. Before joining academia, Sebastian gained practical experience through working for companies, such as Arthur D. Little and Turner.
*No Show Policy* Since there will be food served at this event, please let us know at least 48 hours in advance if you will be unable to attend. While we do not charge a fee to RSVP, these programs would not be sustainable and available to all wanting to attend, unless all registrants abide by the 48 hour-notice policy. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
To register for our seminars or learn more about the Global Business Strategy Certificate, please contact Erin Kellaway at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.sandiego.edu/gbs.