Course Design Workshop
Date and Time
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Degheri Alumni Center, Room 120 Boardroom
San Diego, CA 92110
Dr. Carole Huston, associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and Marcelle Darby, assistant director of the CEE, will assist faculty with planning and implementing a learning-centered course. Bring your syllabus as time will be spent:
- Discussing essentials of syllabus construction
- Practicing writing course learning outcomes
- Mapping course learning outcomes to planned curricular activities, exams, and assignments
- Constructing rubrics for assessing learning outcomes
- Straightening out the levels of assessment
Although this workshop is designed for new and adjunct faculty, all faculty are welcome to attend.
A continental breakfast will be provided.