Social Innovation Launch: Making Waves in San Diego
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Friday, November 9, 2012 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice
Jump start your dual entry to the $40,000 USD Social Innovation Challenge and the $350,000 Dell Social Innovation Challenge.
Friday, November 9, 2012
8 a.m. – 9 a.m.: Yoga and Breakfast (bring your own mat)
9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Workshops and Lunch
Register and enter our raffles to win:
- A Dell Tablet
- Lunch with Provost and Vice President of USD, Dr. Julie Sullivan
- Lunch with your dean
- A private yoga class
Making Waves in San Diego is an all-day learning event with your choice of creative workshops led by social innovators from USD’s Center for Peace and Commerce, Ashoka, the Dell Social Innovation Challenge and the Transformative Action Institute. Dr. Scott Sherman, founder of Transformative Action Institute and professor of social entrepreneurship at Yale, Princeton, and NYU; and Lennon Flowers from Ashoka’s Empathy Institute will lead workshops.
Two tracks are offered:
- Inspiration Track for students who do not yet have a clear idea of their social innovation
- Growth Track for students who already have a strong innovation they plan to pursue
Learn more about these superstar guests:
- Scott Sherman, founder, the Transformative Action Institute
- Lennon Flowers, Ashoka's Empathy Initiative
- Rob Hanna, Social Wealth Partners
For a detailed schedule of the launch go to www.sandiego.edu/cpc/sic.
Co-sponsored by the Center for Peace and Commerce, Dell Social Innovation Challenge, and the USD Changemaker Hub
Center For Peace And Commerce