Knowledge Transfer: International Business
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Thursday, April 26, 2012 from 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Institute for Peace & Justice Theatre/Rotunda
Do you understand networking and its importance in career development? Do you need answers from insiders as you push open the door to a career?
Then USD’s Knowledge Transfer could be the answer.
This exciting networking program was created by the USD Parents Association and aims to put your student in direct contact with USD alumni and parents, professionals who have the inside angle and can provide answers to your student’s questions as well as a current perspective on the job market within the field. For the April 26th Knowledge Transfer panel we invited both parents and alumni who represent a variety of career paths in International Business to share their experience, insights and knowledge in the industry. Listening to the panelists discuss the economic and financial aspects of a career in the international business sector, your student can also learn how position themselves in this highly growing field. Encourage your student to stay after the panel discussion to personally network with parents, alumni and USD faculty and administrators.
Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012
Title: International Business
Start Time: 12 p.m. with complimentary light lunch
Location: Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, Rotunda and Theatre
Moderator: Denise Dimon, PhD, director of USD’s Ahlers Center for International Business, USD and professor of Economics, USD
- Cindy Basso-Eaton ’89, P’14, president of Global Healing
- Hector Cuellar P’12, president of McGladrey Capital Markets, LLC
- Jorge Guerra '84, senior VP and Int'l Financial Advisor for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, San Diego
- Everett Hernandez ’87, president of Avanze, Inc., president/CEO, chairman of the Board of the Latin American Multimedia Corporation
- Diego Piacentini P’15, senior vice president of International Retail for Amazon.com, Inc.