The California Wellness Foundation Conference on Border Health
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Friday, December 2, 2011 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
US Grant Hotel
Request for workshop session proposals deadline: July 8
The California Wellness Foundation (TCWF) invites you to attend the 2011 Conference on Border Health at the US Grant Hotel, San Diego, California.
TCWF encourages grantees and other leaders who work with border populations and on border health issues to submit a proposal to conduct a workshop session at the conference on December 2. Proposals will be evaluated on how well the session objectives and design contribute to the field; exhibit creativity or innovation; and demonstrate relevance to current issues, trends and strategies.
Even if you do not want to present a session yourself, we still appreciate your input. If you would like to suggest a session topic or presenter we should consider, please let us know.
The 2011 Conference on Border Health planning team seeks proposals for workshop sessions that address border health issues. Examples include:
Workshop Session Proposal Guidelines
- Policy development/advocacy
- Skill building (program design and evaluation, public policy, organizational-level advocacy, etc.)
- Issues that link sectors (cross-border efforts, school-community program coordination, region-level planning and coordination, etc.)
- Promising practices/effective organization strategies
TCWF seeks workshops in a variety of formats including: individual, team, or panel presentations; facilitated discussion; and skills building/training. Other topics and approaches are welcome and will receive full consideration. Workshops that include an interactive component will be prioritized. Proposals should reflect a workshop duration of one hour and 15 minutes.
Your proposal should include the following information and should not exceed a total length of one page:
- Title of the session
- Presenter(s)/facilitators(s) name, title, organization or affiliation, mailing address, phone and email
- A 250-word description of the workshop session describing session objectives, key issues, format, presentation method (e.g., PowerPoint) and handouts
- Presenter's(s') one paragraph professional biography (50 word maximum length)
Workshop applicants will be notified of the results of the review process by August 2011.
TCWF Conference on Border Health | email@example.com | (626) 403-3200 x215