Summit on Peace and Prosperity through Trade and Commerce
Date and Time
Friday, September 16, 2011 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice Theatre
Please join the Center for Peace and Commerce and the Ahlers Center for International Business to celebrate the contributions of a true visionary, C.K Prahalad, at the Fourth Annual Summit on Peace and Prosperity through Trade and Commerce.
This half-day summit brings together business leaders from around the globe who are designing and implementing the "next practices" for business at the base-of-the-pyramid (BoP).
- Antonio Aquino, President, CEO Ayala Land Inc. and former President/CEO of Manila Water, Philippines
- Jose Arteaga-Niepmann, CEO, La Huerta, Mexico/USA
- Akhtar Badshah, Senior Director of Global Community Affairs at Microsoft, USA
- Jane Chen, Founder and CEO, Embrace, India (Pending)
- Jose Luis Contreras, CEO Aon Bolivia, Bolivia
- Erin Gavin, Manager, Wireless Reach, Qualcomm
- Ivar Pettersson, AES Corporation, Regional Director of Operations Performance for Latin America and Africa
- Kapil Sharma, General Manager North America, Tata Sons Ltd., India/USA
To register, click here.
This summit with industry leaders is also part of a three-day conference that has invited academic scholars who are continuing the research and discussion started by C.K Prahalad regarding business at the base of the pyramid. If you are interested in learning more about this three-day event, please visit http://www.sandiego.edu/prahalad.