Chemistry and Biochemistry Summer Reunion and Research Fundraiser
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Saturday, June 9, 2012 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Donald P. Shiley Center for Science and Technology Atrium
To the 2011 attendees, we thank you for your generous support of the first Alumni Research Fellowship. The 2012 Fellowship was awarded to Michael Bagley.
All chemistry and biochemistry alumni and their guests are cordially invited to attend our department’s Summer Reunion and Research Fundraiser.
- Dinner reception with beer, wine and dessert
- Tour of the Donald P. Shiley Center for Science and Technology
- Student and faculty research presentations and displays
- Raffle Prizes. Tickets available for purchase at the event
- Casual attire
- Approximately $25 of each ticket is a tax-deductible donation to the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department’s Student Summer Research Fund
- All charitable contributions and proceeds from the sale of raffle tickets will go to the Alumni Research Fellowship Fund
- We’re considering coordinating an outing from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. the day of the event. Let us know if you are interested in participating in a family-friendly hike, round of golf or kayak trip. Please indicate interest via email to email@example.com.
To RSVP, please continue on to the registration page.
If you are unable to attend or wish to contribute above the listed ticket price, please consider:
- Contributing to the department’s Alumni Research Fellowship. We suggest donating the $50 ticket price if you are unable to attend. Contribute here.
- Becoming a member of the President’s Club and direct your donation to the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry by clicking here.
- Donating items for the event’s raffle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss donations.
Want to see how the campus has changed since you were a student? Arrive at the party early and take a student-led campus walking tour starting at 5:15 p.m. You can see the new buildings, fountains, and landscaping on campus. Tours begin at the Shiley Center for Science and Technology Atrium.
Share Photos or Have Questions?
Does your graduation-year end in a "2"? If yes, please send us a current picture and a short description about your current professional and/or family life to be included in a special display at the event. Please email an electronic copy to email@example.com by May 25, 2012. Please use the same email address if you have questions about the event.
- Facebook: Like the University of San Diego Chemistry and Biochemistry page
- LinkedIn: Send a request to join the University of San Diego Chemistry and Biochemistry alumni group to Debbie Tahmassebi
Artwork pictured by Shannen Cravens '11