Fifth Annual Summer Chamber Music Festival
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Sunday, July 4, 2010 – Saturday, July 10, 2010
Sunday, July 4 at 2 p.m.
Opening Faculty Concert, French Parlor, Founders Hall
- Works include Schubert's Piano Trio No. 1 in Bb, Dvorak's Piano Quintet, Mozart's Flute Quartet in D, Danzi's Trio for Violin, Horn, and Bassoon, and more.
Thursday, July 8 at 7:30 p.m.
Evening Participants Concert, French Parlor, Founders Hall
- Works include Mozart's Piano Quartet and Clarinet Quintet, Beethoven's String Quartet and Clarinet Trio, Mendelssohn's String Quartet, Horovitz's Jazz Suite for two flutes and two clarinets, and more.
Saturday, July 10 at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Final Participants Concerts, Shiley Theatre, Camino Hall
- Works include Piano Quintets by Beethoven, Brahms, and Rimsky-Korsakov. Woodwind Quintets by Briccialdi and Villa-Lobos, Sextets by Boccherini and Bottesini, and many more.
- $12, regular; $8, seniors, students, USD faculty, staff, and alumni
- Available at the door only
- Note: Tickets for the Final Participants Concerts will be on sale from 10:30 to 11 a.m. and again from 1:30 to 2 p.m. Ticket holders for the 11 a.m. concert do not need to buy another ticket for the 2 p.m. performance.
Daily free concerts from noon to 1 p.m.
Enjoy lunch in one of the following campus restaurants or bring your own lunch:
- Monday, July 5 and Wednesday, July 7: Student Life Pavilion
- Tuesday, July 6 and Thursday, July 8: La Gran Terraza
Angela Yeung, PhD