Project Runway Finale: Discussion and Viewing Party
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Thursday, April 22, 2010 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Frank's Lounge, University Center
The College of Arts and Sciences presents the "Project Runway Finale: Discussion and Viewing Party". Before the season 10 finale, join the USD community for a panel discussion comprised of USD faculty and College of Arts and Sciences Dean Mary K. Boyd. The faculty and guests will discuss various aspects of the show and answer audience questions regarding topics such as Project Runway as theatre performance, its role as reality television, the world of fashion, and why they personally watch the show. Starting at 7 p.m. the season 10 finale will air with live back channel Twitter feeds to discuss the show.
Come hear your favorite faculty’s perspective on why they tune in each Thursday evening and who they think will win this season. Learn why Dean Boyd is an avid watcher of Project Runway and be a part of the discussion with live Twitter feeds about contestants, the fashion or Project Runway gossip. The panel discussion starts at 6p.m. and appetizers will be served. The show will be aired on an East Coast feed starting at 7p.m., so you can see the finale before the rest of the West Coast.
- Jonathan Bowman, PhD, Communication Studies: Emcee
- Monica Stufft, PhD, Theatre Arts: “Project Runway as Theatre/Performance”
- Esteban del Rio, PhD, Communication Studies: “Critical Analysis of Cultural Implications of Reality Television”
- Shirley Pierson, MFA, Costume Designer/Artist in Residence of Cygnet Theatre: “The Art of Constructing Fashion”
- Leeva Chung, PhD, Communication Studies: “Relationship Dynamics and Cultural Implications of Project Runway”
- Dean Mary K. Boyd, PhD: “Fan—Why I find the show irresistible”
College Of Arts And Sciences