Alpha Pi Mu
Alpha Pi Mu is an honor society, first initiated in 1949, that confers recognition upon the industrial engineering student who has shown exceptional academic interests and abilities in his or her field.
To be eligible, students must be Industrial and Systems Engineering majors who are either the upper one-fifth of juniors or in the upper one-third of seniors in the Industrial and Systems Engineering majors in their class. All students who meet the scholarship requirements should also exhibit positive characteristics of leadership, ethicality, sociability and widespread interest.
In addition to conferring recognition, the society mission is:
- To encourage wherever possible any movement which will advance the best interest of industrial engineering education
- To unify the student body of the Industrial and Systems Engineering Program in presenting its needs and ideals to the faculty
- To create a closer student-faculty relationship by bringing together the needs and thoughts of both
- To assist and cooperate with all organizations and persons working for the interest of industrial engineering
- To benefit its members by the association and experience that can come from bringing together a group with similar interests, objectives, and abilities, and
- To promote the professional welfare of all
Chapter Faculty Advisor
Dr. Leonard Perry
Associate Professor and Program Coordinator
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Phone: (619) 260-7558