Industrial & Systems Engineering
Make a difference in the world by integrating Information, People, and Equipment
Industrial and Systems Engineers (ISyEs) figure out how to do things better. They engineer processes and systems that improve quality and productivity while eliminating waste of time, money, materials, and costs.
IE's understand systems how people interact with machines and each other to design, evaluate, and improve the performance of systems in industry and in the service sector. Examples of the types of systems that may be analyzed by ISyEs include health care delivery systems, product distribution networks, and manufacturing systems.
Make Smarter, More Efficient Environments
The courses at the Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering at USD are designed to help you not only become a highly sought after engineer who is tremendously valuable to the bottom line for organizations, but also to our environment and way of life. In this program, you'll:
- Receive hands-on experience in data collection, analysis, service sector performance improvement and manufacturing
- Learn how to research and break down information to make systems more efficient and sustainable.
- Immerse yourself in improvement projects within operations (supply chain, production scheduling, resource utilization), facility layout and product and process quality
- Be able to concentrate in manufacturing, sustainability, health care systems, or data analytics
- Use latest software in our labs to work with statistics, modeling, ergonomics, efficient flows and project finance and management
Become an Industrial and Systems Engineer
Become a leader in your field. Learn to well communicate with all facets of business, including marketing, sales, design, engineering and manufacturing, to design and improve systems that increase customer satisfaction and internal efficiencies, as well as decrease costs and make you indispensable in the workplace.
Apply to USD today and declare your major in engineering!