Careers in Electrical Engineering
What Can You Do with an Electrical Engineering Degree?
Engineering majors have the highest starting salaries and electrical engineers are the most in demand of all engineering disciplines at San Diego high-tech companies. You can find electrical engineering graduates with careers in:
- Wireless communications
- Mobile devices
- Digital data storage
- Defense and security systems
- Sustainable energy
Graduate Success Stories
USD graduates in Electrical Engineering are developing technical innovations and providing leadership in fields from wireless communication to robotics to electronics in companies all over the world. Here are a few alumni success stories:
- Erin Fullinwider Alex works with AMA Consulting Engineers, a building service engineering firm in Los Angeles, CA.
- Ali Almatrouk is CEO of Makers, Inc. in Kuwait. He founded the company in 2009.
- Lisa Duvall is a senior account manager with Maxim Integrated Products in San Diego, CA.
- Paula Lucchini has worked at Chevron for over six years and has moved into her fifth role in the company as the competency and training coordinator for the engineering department.
- Karl Riesen is principal applications engineer at Western Digital in Irvine, Calif. He is studying toward an MBA at the University of California, Irvine.
- David Riess is the CTO of Wunder in Boulder, Colorado.
Before graduating, most of USD's engineering students participate in paid internships at a variety of local companies including SAIC, Qualcomm, General Atomics, Raytheon Cubic and many others, which helped them get the connections they needed to get the best jobs.
Many graduates continue their studies by getting graduate degrees in engineering, business and other fields at schools including Stanford, USC, University of Washington, UCSD and UCLA.
Need help finding a job in electrical engineering? Visit Careers.