Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering Senior Expo 2014
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering seniors presented their preliminary capstone projects in poster sessions at the Engineering Expo on December 5th, 2014. Guests were able to discuss the student's ideas and in most cases see and test prototypes. Many of this year's projects were sponsored by Industry Partners.
- Battery Operated Portable Amplifying System - Sponsor: Introtech
- Antenna Boresight Calibration - Sponsor: Cubic Defense Applications
- Real-Time Low Cost, Due Regard Radar Target Simulation - Sponsor: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc.
- In Home Display Device for Solar Power - Sponsor: San Diego Gas & Electric
- Heartmonic Symphony - Sponsor: Associated Students
- Vehicle Health Diagnostic System - Sponsor: ViaSat
- Modular Fare Collection - Sponsor: Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS)
- Biofuel Cooking System
- Engine Dynamometer Test Cell
- Solar Panel Cleaner
- CNC Plasma Tube Cutter
- Arsenic Removal Filler
- Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicle
- Forward Osmosis Desalination System - Sponsors: James and Cathy Cefalia
- CareFusion Infusion Pumps - Sponsor: CareFusion
Inter-disciplinary Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- ParaNetic Motor
- Clarity Speaker Sponsor: Clarity Design, Inc.
Sustainable Engineering Design for Humanity
The goal of this project was to have students work in inter-disciplinary groups, apply the 12 principles of green engineering discussed in class to design an engineering product/system/process for a specific use. Each team selects a project topic, performs research on the selected topic to learn the current methods, practices and technologies associated with the topic, and brainstorms on design ideas the feasibility of operating the end product/system in the intended environment. The designed product can be for non-profit or profit purposes, with a long-term social impact.