...You See a Suspicious Package
- Immediately notify the Department of Public Safety at ext. 2222 or (619) 260-2222 of the exact location and description.
- Do not touch or disturb the suspected bomb. Do not use radios or cell phones as these may activate some types of bombs.
- Utilize site evacuation plan to move all staff and students away from the suspected bomb location. A minimum of 500 feet is recommended.
- If possible, shut off gas main and electrical power to minimize the possibility of fire.
- Gather any possible witnesses for Public Safety to interview.
- Upon arrival, Public Safety, law enforcement or fire personnel will assume responsibility. All investigation will be conducted by Public Safety or the San Diego Police Department.