After a student has properly initiated a request for services, the DLDRC staff shall be responsible to do all the following:
- Review the documentation provided by the student to determine the eligibility of the student services.
- Make an initial determination of the accommodations and services to be provided for the student (if eligible) based on an individualized review of the student's needs.
- Provide the student with a Verification of Disability Memo for each instructor or program (depending on the policy of the student's school/program), as indicated on the Notification of Instructors form or as required by the student's school/program. completed by the student at the beginning of each semester.
- The Verification of Disability memo shall verify that the student has a documented disability and shall list accommodations that are appropriate for that student. Assure that the student receives appropriate accommodations. In support of this responsibility, the DLDRC may need to assist the student by arranging for auxiliary aids, off-campus agencies, negotiating the logistics of accommodations with faculty or staff, and addressing circumstances where appropriate accommodations were not provided in a satisfactory manner.
- To facilitate the resolution of disputes concerning documentation, services or accommodations in a timely manner and in accordance with our procedures.