Contact Campus Card Services with any Meal Plan questions: (619) 260-5999 or UC 127
Students shall select a meal plan via the MySanDiego portal. In the portal, the meal plan channel is located under the My Personal Info and New Student tabs.
Meal Plan and applicable dining services policies are as stated herein.
A. Selecting a Meal Plan
- Carefully review the Meal Plan policies and conditions before selecting a plan. Complete information is available on the Dining Services Meal Plan page.
- Student will select the plan of his or her choice online via the MySanDiego portal, within the My Torero Services or New Student pages.
- All students must have their official USD Torero ID number to select a Meal Plan.
- For fall 2014 entrance, students should purchase a plan on or before July 1, 2014.
- If a student submits an application to become a resident after July 1 then the resident must purchase a Meal Plan before the first day of classes for the fall 2014 semester.
- If resident’s first semester on campus is spring 2015, resident must purchase a plan by the first day of classes of the spring 2015 semester.
- Based on your housing/unit status you may be required to purchase a Meal Plan.
- If student’s housing and/or unit status should change, by the tenth class day of each semester, student’s Meal Plan requirement may also change.
- Meal Plans will be available when USD is in regular undergraduate session for the fall and spring semesters.
- Undergraduate and graduate students: the first meal of each semester, and following vacation breaks, will begin with dinner the night before the first day of undergraduate classes (9/2/14 fall; 1/25/15 spring).
- Law School students may begin using their Meal Plan on the first day of Law School (8/25/14 fall; 1/12/15 spring).
- The last meal of each semester, and preceding vacation breaks, will be dinner the night before the last day of undergraduate exams (12/18/14; 5/19/15).
C. Additional Terms
- Meals do not carry over into intersession, and do not carry over from semester to semester. Meals do roll over from week to week within the semester.
- No meals will be offered during Thanksgiving, Christmas, intersession, Easter or spring vacation breaks. All campus dining locations are closed during Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter breaks. Limited dining options are available during intersession and spring break.
- Dining Dollars do roll over from fall to spring semester; but will expire at the end of the spring semester on 5/20/15.
- Any fall semester Dining Dollars that were carried over to the spring semester are forfeited and non-refundable if you cancel your spring Meal Plan.
- Dining Dollars are not refundable.
- At the end of the semester all fall Meal Plan accounts are closed.
- Students will be automatically assigned, and required to pay for, the same plan at the start of the spring semester (unless Student canceled their fall Meal Plan).
- Spring plans will be closed at the end of the spring semester.
D. Changes and Cancellations:
- Students may increase their Meal Plan at any time throughout each semester. Students may purchase an additional plan once their meals from their current Meal Plan are depleted.
- If student’s housing and/or unit status should change by the tenth class day of the semester student’s Meal Plan requirement may also change.
- If Resident is required to have a Meal Plan the following terms apply:
- Meal Plan may not be reduced or canceled at any time.
- If Resident does not choose a plan online by July 1, 2014, Resident will be automatically assigned and obligated to pay for the minimum required plan.
- If Student is not required to have a Meal Plan, but elects to purchase one, the following terms apply:
- The last day to reduce or cancel a Meal Plan is the tenth class day of the regular undergraduate semester (fall 9/16/14; spring 2/6/15). There will be no Meal Plan refunds or deductions in the plan after the above dates.
- If you wish to cancel your plan (during the first ten class days of the semester) and you have not used any of your Meal Plan you will receive a 100% refund if you cancel by the deadline.
- If you have used some of your plan (i.e. you have used any meals or any Dining Dollars), you will receive a partial refund for the meals and/or Dining Dollars not used or spent.
- Any fall semester Dining Dollars that were rolled over to the spring semester are forfeited and non-refundable if you cancel your spring Meal Plan.
E. Dining Services Policies
Violation of an applicable Dining Services policy will result in appropriate disciplinary action in a manner consistent with the Student Code of Rights and Responsibilities. Where the circumstances are warranted, a student’s dining privileges may be revoked when a Dining Services policy is violated. The student will not be entitled to a decrease or refund of any portion of the fee paid for the Meal Plan when the student’s dining privileges are suspended or revoked as a result of the student’s violation of a Dining Services policy.Student shall be responsible for complying with all applicable Dining Services policies, including but not limited to the following:
- A Meal Plan may not be resold, assigned, transferred, or used by anyone else under any condition. Use by anyone else may result in a fine.
- The Meal Plan is for the exclusive use of the cardholder.
- Student shall not use any other person’s Torero ID (meal) card.
- You must present your official, valid, Torero ID Card for each and every Meal Plan transaction.
- Torero ID Card holder must report a lost ID card within 24 hours to Campus Card Services. You may do so online, by phone (619) 260-5999, or in person at the Campus Card office University Center 127. If you do not report the loss of a card within 24 hours, you will be liable for any meals used and charges accrued, up until the time the card is reported missing.
- Theft and vandalism in any dining area (of food, utensils, supplies or other university property) is strictly prohibited.
- Attempting to enter or exit dining facilities other than at designated points is prohibited.
- Throwing of any object within a dining facility is prohibited.
- Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must always be worn in all dining locations.
All Meal Plan and Dining Policies subject to change without notice, check back frequently.