Core Course Development Grants
The new core curriculum offers opportunities to develop or substantially revise courses to meet the learning outcomes of various core components. The university is offering small grants to support faculty in this work. All faculty are eligible to apply for the grants by submitting the required documentation to email@example.com.
- For single instructor course development for a core attribute, faculty are eligible for $250 when the course has been approved for a core attribute and $500 for the first time the course is offered carrying the core attribute.
- For linked courses applying for “advanced integration” each faculty member in the cluster is eligible for $250 when the linked-courses have been approved for the core attribute and $500 when the course is offered the first time.
- For team-taught “advanced integration” each faculty member is eligible for $350 when the course is approved and $1500 when the course is offered the first time. Previously taught Honors courses will need to demonstrate “substantial revision” to be eligible for the award.
Submit applications by emailing all proposal documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elements of Proposal (new course):
- A summary of how the new core course will impact student learning, how it aligns with core level learning outcomes and how the new course fits into your program.
- Evidence that the course has been submitted to unit curriculum committee.
- Assignment(s) with embedded assessment criteria
Elements of Proposal (revised course):
- A summary of how the core course will impact student learning, how it aligns with core level learning outcomes and how the revised course fits into your program.
- A description of the substantial changes that were made from the previous version of the course.
- Original Syllabus
- Revised Syllabus
- Original Assignment(s)
- Revised Assignment(s) with embedded assessment criteria
Grant proposals are reviewed by the Core Director (Chair of the Core Curriculum Committee), CAS Associate Dean for Curriculum (or appointee), Director of CEE, SB Associate Dean (or appointee), SMSE Associate Dean (or appointee).
Founders Hall 114
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: 619) 260-4545
Fax: (619) 260-4162