The Catholic Social Thought initiative at USD is one of four strategic directions initiatives proposed by President Mary Lyons in 2004. This initiative was created to inform a respectful dialogue about these principles and express the Catholic identity of the university.
- Fall 2013: Option for the Poor
- Spring 2014: Call to Family, Community, and Participation
- Fall 2014: Solidarity
- Spring 2015: Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
- Fall 2015: Dignity of the Human Person
- Spring 2016: Rights and Responsibilities