Skateboards, Rollerblades, Bicycles and Scooters
(Campus Usage for Non- Motorized Bicycles, Skateboards, Scooters or Rollerblades)
The University of San Diego permits students to use self-propelled, non-motorized bicycles, skateboards, scooters and rollerblades for transportation on campus when the following guidelines are observed:
- When riding skateboards, scooters or rollerblades on a campus sidewalk, the rider must exercise due care and must yield the right of way to pedestrians and demonstrate courtesy regarding noise. Riding is not allowed on sidewalks west of Degheri Hall and East of Copley Library (in the center portion of the campus) between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday. Riding is never permitted on the steep grades adjacent to the Jenny Craig Pavilion and the steep grade leading to the west gate entrance.
- Bicycles may be ridden only on roadways and riders must obey all traffic signs.
- Skateboards, scooters and rollerblades may not be ridden on campus roadways or parking lots on campus (consistent with San Diego Municipal Code 84.12).
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters and rollerblades may not be ridden in any building.
- Use of these modes of transportation for other purposes (i.e. tricks, jumps, rail sliding, etc) is not permitted on campus.
- All riders are expected to use good judgment and common sense when riding bicycles, skateboards, scooters and rollerblades on campus. Skateboarding is at one’s own risk, and cannot create a safety risk for others.
- When riding skateboards, riders are asked to be mindful of quiet hours in residential areas of the campus.
- Bicycles are to be stored inside the room or secured using the bicycle racks provided. It is prohibited to lock a bicycle to anything other than the bicycle racks provided.