University Communications assists in the management, content and communication of the University of San Diego homepage, News Center, and top-level administrative websites. Our team of writers, editors and social media managers focus on telling the story of USD through various online avenues. In addition, we provide guidance and support to the university community to create relevant web content, as well as help ensure consistent branding and messaging. We work with Information Technology Services (ITS) to make sure integrated online communications are developed throughout the university.
With the ever increasing popularity of the Internet at large, providing updated and accurate information on the USD website is extremely important. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding how you can best use your website to communicate your message.
Have a Story to Tell?
If you have a remarkable story to tell or a major event to promote, contact us for ways in which we can help promote it on University of San Diego websites.
Below is a list of resources to better create, manage and promote your website:
- Social Media and Blogs: We maintain a list of all USD-affiliated social media pages and blogs.
- Social Media Guidelines: A reference document for beginning a social media presence for departments and how to best engage with other posters and groups.
- Facebook,Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn: We manage and maintain the official University of San Diego social media pages. Please contact us for more information or if you have a remarkable news or event item that would benefit from posting on one of these social media sites.
- MyPostings: Use this online system for promoting your news and events to various portions of the USD website, including the USD homepage, USD News and Events, and departmental or school websites. In addition, this is a great way to let us know of your notable news and events so that we can assist in getting the word out to other portions of the website and media.
- USD Gallery: An online database of high resolution photos is available for the campus community to use on websites or in printed material. Those with a USD username are able to sign up for access to download photos.
- USD Flickr: An alternative gallery of USD photos contributed by various departments. Please note these may not always be high resolution.
- Video: USD posts videos on a variety of platforms. Check out the official USD channel on YouTube or videos on the Ensemble video platform.
- Communication Style Guidelines: USD’s Communications Style Guidelines are currently being revised. For immediate branding questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
- Information Technology Services (ITS): Contact ITS for any technical support or help for your website.