Nominate a Speaker
Commencement Speakers Selection Process
All members of the University of San Diego community - students, faculty, staff, trustees and alumni - are invited to recommend individuals who will serve as USD Commencement speakers. Speaker nominations for the following 2018 Commencement Ceremonies will be taken through March 1, 2017:
- College of Arts and Sciences Commencement Ceremony,
- School of Business and Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering Commencement Ceremony, and the
- Graduate Commencement Ceremony
● Compatibility with University of San Diego core values;
● Relevance to graduates;
● Proven success as an effective public speaker; and
● A Changemaker in his or her field
All nominations will be evaluated by the five-member Commencement Speaker Advisory Committee (CPAC) comprised of USD students, faculty and staff representatives.
Once evaluated by CPAC, recommended speakers will be forwarded to the President’s Executive Committee. President Harris will make the final decision.
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-4600
Office Hours8 a.m. - 5 p.m.