- DARS: Check your DARS for accuracy. As an undergraduate student, you must have a minimum of 124 total units to graduate, including 48 upper division units. Check that all of your grades and/or incomplete grades from previous semesters are posted accurately and that all transfer work appears in DARS. Confirm that your DARS is all green, and your core, major and/or minor requirements are complete or are being completed.
- Petition to Graduate Deadline: November 1 is the deadline to submit the online petition to graduate for the undergraduates who plan to participate in May Commencement. Once you achieve "Senior" status (90 units and above) you will be given access to the "Senior Tab" in the MySanDiego Portal. You may "Petition to Graduate" using the link in the Registrar section of the Senior Tab.
- Career Services: Contact Career Services to explore career options, apply for jobs and internships, or discuss graduate programs.
- Commencement Website: If you plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremonies, review the Commencement website.
- January 2015 Graduates: If you are a January 2015 graduate, you are set to participate in May 2014 Commencement ceremonies if you have received your diploma by mail. Be sure to review the Commencement website to prepare for Commencement. If you have questions regarding your graduation status, contact the One Stop Student Center. January graduates are encouraged to complete the Graduating Senior Survey on the MySanDiego portal. The survey goes "live" in the spring semester.
- August 2015 Graduates: If you will be an August 2015 Graduate and wish to participate in Commencement Ceremonies, you must complete your summer classes at USD Summer Sessions.
- Grad Fest: Attend Grad Fest, Wednesday and Thursday, March 11 & 12, from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at the USD Torero Store to order your cap and gown ($25 fee), announcements, class ring, diploma frame, and free sitting for your cap and gown portrait.
- Senior Meeting: Attend the Senior Meeting on Tuesday, April 7 at 12:15 p.m. at the JCP to learn about Commencement procedures and protocol and other pertinent information. Attendance is not mandatory, but it is strongly recommended. The senior class photo is taken following the conclusion of the Senior Meeting.
- "Grad Fest II Celebration" - Come by the Degheri Alumni Center on Wednesday, April 29, from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. to pick up your cap and gown and tickets in advance, check your petition status, ask questions and more, all in one place. Join the fun and celebratory atmosphere with free food and music.
- Cap and Gown: Cap and gown pick-up begins Wednesday, April 29 at Grad Fest II and continues at the USD Torero Store on April 30 during regular store hours. A cap and gown must be worn at Commencement.
- Commencement Tickets: Commencement ticket pick up begins Wednesday, April 29 at Grad Fest II and continues at the Jenny Craig Pavilion Ticket Office beginning April 30. Tickets must be picked up no later than Friday, May 22 by 4 p.m. Students in the undergraduate morning Arts & Sciences ceremony are allotted 7 tickets each. Students in the smaller undergraduate afternoon School of Business and Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering ceremony are allotted 8 tickets each. Guests without tickets may view a live, internal broadcast inside the Hahn University Center or view the live webcast at http://www.sandiego.edu/commencement/live/index.php.
- Name Pronunciation: If your name is difficult to pronounce, record your name at Grad Fest (from 10 a.m.-4p.m.), online, or at a kiosk location by Friday, May 15. For more information visit the Graduation Pronunciation website.
- Mailing of Diplomas: Diplomas are mailed to the address you provided on your Graduation Petition. Confirm that your correct address is on file with the Registrar's office by January 31 (January graduates); May 31 (May graduates); August 31 (August graduates). If you would like to change your diploma mailing address, you may email Lisa Zullo before the dates listed above.
- Senior Survey: Complete the Graduating Senior Survey during your last semester. Log into MySanDiego and click on the Senior Tab. The "Graduating Senior Survey" link is in the upper right corner in the "Senior Survey" box.
- Senior Class Legacy: Make a contribution to the Senior Class Legacy.
- Student Accounts: Pay all balances on all of your accounts (including library and parking).
- Financial Aid: Complete your Exit Loan Counseling if you received financial aid.
- Commencement Photos: Contact Classic Photography/Grad Photos directly to purchase Commencement photos or if you have questions about your order. You may also call them at 1-864-882-2897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commencement Leis: To purchase leis and flowers in advance, please email email@example.com or call Graduation Leis at 619-268-1330. Orders are also taken online at graduationleis.com.
- Commencement DVDs: To purchase Commencement DVDs, please see the Commencement DVD ordering page, www.sandiego.kintera.org/commencementdvd2015. If you have questions about your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plan ahead for the big day: Decide on a specfic place for you and your family to meet up after the Commencement ceremony, otherwise it could be difficult to find each other.
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-4600
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.