Have a scary date? Had too much to drink? Car broke down?
A safe ride is only a phone call away! (619) 291-3333
College Cab provides full-time USD undergraduate students a safe ride from any situation that places you at risk (being stranded or wanting to leave an uncomfortable situation).
Rules for the Road
- Service is available seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- You must call dispatch at (619) 291-3333 to verify that your "safe ride home" is eligible for the College Cab program and dispatch will send a cab to your location. Walking up or flagging down a cab without calling dispatch does not qualify your ride for the College Cab program benefits.
- You must present your USD ID to the cab driver.
- You have 2 weeks from the time of service to pay a flat fee of $10* for cab rides of 15 miles or less. However, the entire amount will be posted to your student account if the flat fee of $10 has not been paid within 2 weeks from the time of service and/or if your cab ride exceeded the 15 mile limit. Payment can be made at the cashier’s office.
- After you have made your payment with the cashier, please bring your receipt to the Center for Health and Wellness Promotion (CHWP) located in UC-161. Failure to bring your receipt to CHWP (indicating payment of the flat fee) will result in the entire amount being billed to your student account.
- There is a three-time limit per semester
*Fees are subject to change due to environmental factors.
Important Reminder: USDCollege Cab is a safe-ride program. Using this program for general transportation needs will result in suspension of College Cab privilege and further disciplinary action.
College Cab is proudly sponsored by:
- Associated Students (619) 260-4715
- Center for Health & Wellness Promotion (619) 260-4618
- Cab Service is provided by Orange Cab, Co.