Center for Health and Wellness Promotion

Drop Shadow

Resources for Parents

Helpful Links

Roommate Issues

If your son or daughter expresses concern about his or her roommate being involved with alcohol and/or other drugs in their shared room, or in a way that has a negative affect on your son/daughter, it may be helpful for you to encourage him/her to talk with the roommate.  If talking with the roommate does not solve the problem, then encourage your son/daughter to contact his or her Resident Assistant (RA) or Resident Director (RD), the Center for Health & Wellness Promotion, or a trusted administrator for help.

If your son/daughter is concerned about alcohol and/or other drugs being consumed in a neighboring room or someplace on the floor, he/she can also contact the RA on duty.

You may also review the following policies: