*In order to be eligible to receive a bid for a Greek Sorority, Part 1 of the MyStudentBody.com “Essentials” course must be completed by January 10, 2013.
*In order to be eligible to receive a bid for a Greek Fraternity, Part 1 of the MyStudentBody.com “Essentials” course must be completed by January, 2013.
**If you have already completed the MyStudentBody.com online course you do not need to retake it
Part 1 – First Time Log-In & Access Instructions
Please read all instructions prior to logging on to MyStudentBody.com.
Create an account:
1. Go to www.mystudentbody.com. Click REGISTER NOW to create your User Name.
2. You will be brought to the First Time User Registration Page.
Enter in 'TORERO' as the school code.
3. Create a unique username (up to 50 characters, including those used in email addresses) and password and enter them into the appropriate fields.
4. Complete the rest of the fields, including entering in a required email address.
6. After creating your account, you will be asked some identifying information such as your name, year in school, and other demographic questions.
7. After completing the demographic questions, you will be able to access all MyStudentBody.com modules.
Take the “Essentials” Course:
1. Click on the "My Stuff" tab near the top of the page and select "Take Now" under the orange header labeled Essentials. You are required to take all three sections of the course (Alcohol, Drugs, and Sexual Violence).
2. View the short introduction video explaining the course and then click the “Continue” button. **If you’re hearing impaired, please click the button labeled Download Transcript for a transcript of the video.
3. Select the Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence Start button to begin the course. You will return to this page after completing each topic. MyStudentBody.com will guide you through Rate Myself Assessments, Pre-Test, Course, and Post-Test, for each topic area. You can see your progress through each section in the progress bar in the top right corner. Do not click the Back button in your browser once you have started the course or you will lose your progress – a pop-up box will appear to remind you of this before going back.
4. Answer the Rate Myself Assessment questions. This section will contain Yes or No questions and questions on a scale. After clicking “Continue”, you will be presented with feedback, which you can print by clicking the Print button at the bottom of the page or you can click “Continue” to move on.
5. Answer the Pre-Test questions. This section will contain multiple choice questions to test your current knowledge of the topic area (Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence). View your results and then click “Continue”.
6. On the Course Material page, click on each article, tool, and video to view the content. When reviewing articles, please click on the “Back to Course Material” button to make sure you get credit for reviewing the item. After you have successfully viewed the content, the heading will become checked off.
7. Students must review all course material before moving on to the post-test. Material marked as optional is available for your review, but you do not have to click on it if you feel confident that you understand the material. Questions about optional material will be included in both the pre-test and post-test. When you have reviewed all of the material, click on the button that says “Take Post-Test” that will appear at the bottom of the page.
8. Answer the post-test questions. This section will contain multiple choice questions to test your current knowledge of the topic area (Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence). The results page will show your score, the questions you got wrong, and the number of attempts you have left to pass the post-test if you did not pass the first time. If you pass the post-test, click “Continue” and move on to the next step. If you did not pass the post-test, click “Continue” and you will return to the course material to review content related to the questions you got wrong. You will then need to re-take the post-test. After completing the topic you will return to the topic selection page or, if you have completed all topics, will be asked to answer a Course Survey. If you need to complete other modules, repeat steps 3-8.
9. View the end video and click “Take Survey” to answer the Course Survey questions. This section will contain questions asking you to rate your experience with the MyStudentBody.com Essentials Course. Click “Continue”.
10. View your certificate. Be sure to email your certificate to your USD email address for your records; you can also print your certificate. The Print and Email buttons are located in the bottom right of the page. Emailing a copy to yourself for your records is a good idea.
11. Click “Continue” and you will be redirected to the My Stuff page where you are free to explore other content or move to other topics.
There are two parts to the MyStudentBody.com “Essentials” program. The first portion, Part 1, is the “Essentials” course, which takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete. Part 1 must be completed before a student can receive a bid for either a sorority or fraternity. The second portion, Part 2, is the 60-day follow up portion of the “Essentials” course and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Part 2 becomes available 60 days after completion of Part 1. Failure to complete both portions will impact your standing in the Greek community.
Part 2 (60-Day Follow Up) – Important Information
- Part 2 is accessible 60 days after completion of Part 1 of the MyStudentBody.com “Essentials” Course
- Go back to www.mystudentbody.com and enter your login information
- Under the “Essentials Course” Tab in the left hand navigation click on 'Followup Assessment'
- Complete all activities under this section
- When you have completed the 'Followup Assessment' your status under the "Essentials Course" will show 'completed' with the date of completion. If all sections under "Essentials" show completed then you have finished part 2 of MyStudentBody!
- If you have any technical difficulty completing part 2, please contact MSB technical support at email@example.com
- Failure to complete Part 2 will impact your standing in the Greek community.