NOTE: A $250 non-negotiable, non-compliance fee will be assessed to students who do not fully complete both Part 1 and Part 2 within the deadlines (August 17, 2014 and October 22, 2014 respectively).
Part 1 – Login and Access Instructions
Create an account:
- Go to www.mystudentbody.com. Click REGISTER HERE to create your Username.
- You will be brought to the First Time User Registration Page. Please register using your sandiego.edu email address and create a password.
- When promoted, enter 'torero' as the school code.
- Complete the Security Information section by selecting Security Questions and filling in the required fields. Privacy is important to MyStudentBody. By providing this information MyStudentBody will be able to ensure that you really are you if you ever forget the login credentials used when creating your account.
- After creating your account, you will be asked some identifying information such as your first name, last name, Student ID number, and other demographic questions.
- After completing the demographic questions, you will be able to access all MyStudentBody modules.
Take the “Essentials” Course:
- Click "Take Now" under the orange header labeled "Essentials". You are required to take all three sections of the course (Alcohol, Drugs, and Sexual Violence).
- View the short introduction video explaining the course and then click the "Continue" button. *If you are hearing impaired, please click the button labeled Download Transcript for a transcript of the video.
- Select the Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence start button to begin each course. (You will return to this page after completing each topic.)
- MyStudentBody.com will guide you through Rate Myself Assessments, Pre-Test, Course, and Post-Test, for each topic area. (Do not click the Back button in your browser once you have started the course or you will lose your progress – a pop-up box will appear to remind you of this before going back.)
- Answer the Rate Myself Assessment questions. This section will contain Yes or No questions and questions on a scale. After clicking "Continue", you will be presented with feedback, which you can print by clicking the Print button at the bottom of the page or you can click "Continue" to move on.
- Answer the Pre-Test questions. This section will contain multiple choice questions to test your current knowledge of the topic area (Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence). View your results and then click "Continue".
- On the Course Material page, click on each article, tool, and video to view the content. When reviewing articles, please click on the "Back to Course Material" button to make sure you get credit for reviewing the item. After you have successfully viewed the content, the heading will become checked off.
- Students must review all course material before moving on to the post-test. Materials marked optional are available for your review, but you do not have to click on it if you feel confident that you understand the material. Questions about optional material will be included in both the pre-test and post-test. When you have reviewed all of the material, click on the button that says "Take Post-Test" that will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Answer the post-test questions. This section will contain multiple choice questions to test your knowledge of the topic area (Alcohol, Drugs, or Sexual Violence).
- The results page will show your score, the questions you got wrong, and the number of attempts you have left to pass the post-test if you did not pass the first time. You will need a minimum score of 80% to pass. If you pass the post-test, click "Continue" and move on to the next step. If you did not pass the post-test, click "Continue" and you will return to the course material to review content related to the questions you got wrong. You will then need to re-take the post-test. After completing the topic you will return to the topic selection page or, if you have completed all topics (Alcohol, Drugs, and Sexual Violence), will be asked to answer a Course Survey.
- **If you need to complete other modules, repeat steps 3-10.
- As a reminder, you must complete all three sections of the "Essentials" course (Alcohol, Drugs, and Sexual Violence) with a passing score of 80% in each section.
- Once you have completed all 3 sections (Alcohol, Drugs, and Sexual Violence) view the end video and click "Take Survey" to answer the Course Survey questions. This section will contain questions asking you to rate your experience with the MyStudentBody.com "Essentials" Course. Click "Continue."
- View your certificate. Be sure to email your certificate to your USD email address for your records; you can also print your certificate. The Print and Email buttons are located at the bottom right of the page.
- Click "Continue" and you will be redirected to the "My Stuff" page where you are free to explore other content or move to other topics.
There are two parts to the MyStudentBody “Essentials” program. The first portion, Part 1, is the “Essentials” course, which takes approximately 1-1.5 hours to complete. Part 1 is due August 17, 2014.
The second portion, Part 2, is the 60-day follow up to Part 1 and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Part 2 becomes available 60 days after your completion of Part 1. The deadline to complete Part 2 is October 22, 2014.
A $250 non-negotiable, non-compliance fee is assessed to students who do not fully complete both Part 1 and Part 2 with the deadlines.
- Part 2 is accessible 60 days after completion of Part 1 of the MyStudentBody.com “Essentials” Course.
- Go back to www.MyStudentBody.com and enter your login information. If you have forgotten your login information click 'Forgot Password?'.
- Under the "Essentials Course" tab in the left hand navigation, click on 'Follow up Assessment'. If it is not 60 days from your Part 1 completion date and/or you did not complete all Part 1 sections (alcohol, drugs, and sexual violence) the follow up assessment will not be available.
- Complete all activities under this section
- When you have completed the 'Follow up Assessment' your status under the "ESSENTIALS" heading will show 'completed' with the date of completion.
- If all sections under "ESSENTIALS" show completed then you have finished part 2 of MyStudentBody!
- If you have any technical difficulty completing or logging into MyStudentBody to complete Part 2, please contact MyStudentBody technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two parts to the MyStudentBody “Essentials” program. The second portion, Part 2, is the 60-day follow up to the Part 1 “Essentials” course and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Part 2 becomes available 60 days after your completion of Part 1. The deadline to complete Part 2 is October 22, 2014.
A $250 non-negotiable, non-compliance fee is assessed to students who do not fully complete both Part 1 and Part 2 within the respective deadlines.
THANK YOU FOR DOING YOUR PART TO
PROMOTE A SAFE, WELL-INFORMED USD STUDENT COMMUNITY!