2016 Changemaker Student Committee
What is the CSC?
A group of passionate students from all over campus organizing and supporting a culture of changemaking on campus: an environment where everyone feels empowered to make a difference in their communities.
- Represents the voice of USD’s student body
- Sees changemaking as a practice and focus on co-creating a community with the entire campus
- Builds bridges between campus orgs, clubs, centers and institutes
- Strives to develop a stronger sense of belonging, a deeper collaboration between student entities and a stronger connection with each other
Examples of CSC initiatives:
- My Story events - focused on featuring and embracing USD’s diversity while creating an opportunity to practice empathy and build community
- Changemaker FEST - annual celebration of our designation as a Changemaker Campus
- Chopped - An annual cooking competition between various clubs and orgs on campus to build community and raise awareness on food and health related issues
- Dinner with Strangers - an opportunity to discuss current hop topics and meet new people
- What I be Project - a photo project developed by Steve Rosenfield providing an opportunity for the USD community to come together through vulnerability and courage. Check out this year’s photos.
- Kill the Cup - Sustainable effort to encourage student body to use recyclable mugs and cups at the Aroma’s Coffee Shop
If you are interested, please fill out an interest form. This year’s first CSC meeting will take place September 20, 2016 at Student life Pavilion 319
A team of committed CSC members leading the efforts and planning of CSC initiatives. The Taskforce creates collaborative environments, in which people are expected to work with others in flexible teams with shifting responsibilities.
- Changemaker Taskforce Co-Chair - Charlotte Vitak
- Changemaker Taskforce Co-Chair - Dylan Valdivia
- Changemaker Student Committee Leader - Isabelle Ashraf
- Changemaking Marketing Coordinator - Kendahl Tyburski
- Changemaking Outreach Coordinator - Abigail Barnes
- Changemaker AS Student Senator - Will Tate
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-4600