USD Just Read! Faculty Integration Award
for 2016-2017 Price of Thirst
The goal of the USD Just Read program is to provide a common read around a theme that aligns with the values and mission of USD and the theme from the Changemaker Hub. In order to engage more of the USD community in conversation, the USD Just Read program is introducing a “USD Just Read Integration Award.” This award will be granted to the faculty member who best incorporates this year’s book selection in their course. As integration is a key concept in education and the new core curriculum, such an award comes at a great time to highlight the wonderful work our faculty are doing with their students. A number of events and programs are scheduled for the academic year of 2016 – 2017 to provide more opportunities to discuss the topics in the book with students.
Any full-time or part-time faculty member who incorporates all or part of this year’s just read selection into one or more of their courses.
Courses must be taught during the fall 2016, intersession 2017 or spring 2017.
Submissions will be judged based on the following elements:
- Alignment of integration of the book with course learning outcomes
- Quality of assignments/experiences specific to the book, The Price of Thirst
- Quality of assessment used to measure student learning in integrating book material
In order to be consider for the 2016-2017 USD Just Read Integration Award please submit the following:
- Cover letter explaining how the book was incorporated in the course including explanation of how the book aligned with the learning outcomes for the course
- Syllabus for the course
- Copy of the assignment(s) or description of experiences that align with book
- Copy of any assessments that may have been used to measure student learning related to the topics of the book. Providing evidence of student learning is highly suggested but not required.
The recipient of the award will receive a $1,000.00 stipend as well as the opportunity for their work to be highlighted in multiple venues.