The Center for Educational Excellence is pleased to announce travel grant recipients for Spring 2013. We look forward to their presentations and congratulate them for taking this opportunity to develop and share information on teaching and learning.
- Jason Chen, (School of Business Administration), 2013 American Accounting Association New Faculty Consortium by the American Accounting Association, Leesburg, Virginia
- Casey Dominguez, (Political Science and International Relations) 2013 APSA Teaching and Learning Conference by American Political Science Association, Long Beach, CA
- Randa Jad-Moussa, (Languages and Literatures) CUE Annual Conference by CUE, Palm Springs, CA
- Emily Edmonds-Poli, (Political Science and International Relations) 2013 APSA Teaching and Learning Conference by American Political Science Association, Long Beach, CA
- Vidya Nadkarni, (Political Science and International Relations) 2013 APSA Teaching and Learning Conference by American Political Science Association, Long Beach, CA
- Katherine Sciurba, (English and Liberal Studies) Education and Poverty: Theory, Research, Policy, and Praxis Conference by American Educational Research Association (AERA), San Francisco, CA
- Michelle Camacho (Sociology) - 42nd Annual: Frontiers in Education Conference sponsored by the American Society of Engineering Education, Educational Research and Methods Division, IEEE Computer Society, and IEEE Education Society, Seattle, WA
- Li Fu (Copley Library) - Distance Teaching & Learning sponsored by the University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI
- Randa Jad-Moussa (Languages and Literatures) - 5th Annual International Symposium for Emerging Technologies for Online Learning sponsored by the SLOAN Consortium and MERLOT, Las Vegas, NV
- Anne Koenig (Psychological Science) - National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology sponsored by the Association for Psychological Science and the University of South Florida, St. Pete Beach, FL
- Evelyn Kirkley (Theology and Religious Studies) - Annual Summer Institute: Reacting to the Past sponsored by the Reacting to the Past Consortium, New York, NY
- Louis Komjathy (Theology and Religious Studies) - International Symposia for Contemplative Studies sponsored by the Mind and Life Institute, Denver, CO
- Mike Williams (Political Science) - APSA Teaching and Learning Conference sponsored by the American Political Science Association, Washington, D.C.
- Aaron Gross (Theology and Religious Studies) will be attending the Joint Annual Meeting of the Society for Christian Ethics, Society for Jewish Ethics, and Society for the Study of Muslim Ethics in Washington D.C.
- Joi Spencer (SOLES) attended the Free Minds/Free People Conference Sponsored by The Education for Liberation Network in Providence, RI
- Ali Gheissari (History) will be attending the Middle East Studies Association Conference in Washington D.C.
- Michelle Jacob (Ethnic Studies) attended Social Conflict: Multiple Dimensions and Arenas Sponsored by American Sociological Association in Las Vegas, NV
- Joseph Colombo (Theology and Religious Studies) attended the Annual Summer Institute: Reacting to the Past in New York City
- Aaron Gross (Theology and Religious Studies) attended the Joint Meeting of the Society of Christian Ethics, the Society of Jewish Ethics, and the Society for the Study of Muslim Ethics Annual Meeting in New Orleans
- David Miller (History) attended the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in American Higher Education in SanFrancisco
- Benjamin Siebert (Theatre Arts) will attend the United States Institute for Theatre Technology Annual Conference in Charlotte, NC
- Terry Glaser (Theatre Arts) - 24th Annual Conference of the Association for Theatre in Higher Education: Theatre Alive: Theatre, Media and Survival
- Eric Page (Physics) - Engaged STEM Learning: From Promising to Pervasive Practices sponsored by Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Alberto Pulido (Ethnic Studies) - The Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education: Retreat for Academics
- Perla Myers (Math) - Science, Technology & Diversity for a Sustainable Future, organized by the Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science Annual Conference
- Jonathan Bowman (Communication Studies) will attend Faculty Roles in High-Impact Practices sponsored by the American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Judith Liu (Sociology) will attend the Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching
- Mitchell Malachowski (Chemistry) will attend Faculty Roles in High-Impact Practices sponsored by the American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Lisa Nunn (Sociology) will attend Social Relationships, Schools, and Student Outcomes sponsored by the Sociology of Education Association
- Steve Sumner (Business Administration) will attend Expanding the Circle: Creating an Inclusive Environment in Higher Ed for LGBTQ Students and Studies sponsored by the California Institute of Integral Studies
- Annette Taylor (Psychology) attended the Lilly Conference on College and University Teaching