|Administration and Faculty||Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree|
|Course Descriptions||Doctor of Philosophy Degree|
|Master of Science in Nursing|
The Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science is a community of progressive scholars in an intellectually rigorous, research intensive environment.
We educate graduate level nurses to optimize health, promote healing, and alleviate suffering through reflective practice, knowledge generation, service to the community and leadership at local and global levels.
We seek to deepen our commitment to social justice by influencing health policy and by promoting an ethical approach to nursing characterized by compassion and respect for the dignity of the individual.
The Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science offers the following graduate programs:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- For BSN RNs
- For MSN APRNs
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Specializations include the Generalist MSN-Clinical Nurse (CN), Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP), Dual Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP)/Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Dual Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP)/Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist (ACNS), and Executive Nurse Leader (ENL).
- Master’s Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN) for individuals with baccalaureate or higher degrees in another discipline, seeking a new career in nursing with an MSN.
- BSN to PhD in Nursing, which combines MSN (with Executive Nurse Leader, Adult Gero Clinical Nurse Specialist, or Psychiatric Mental Health focus) and PhD program requirements
Programs offered by the Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
All courses in the School of Nursing and Health Science carry Board of Registered Nursing Continuing Education units for RN relicensure.
Financial Aid Programs for Nursing Students
Please contact the Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science for application materials.
Professional Nurse Traineeships, Graduate Tuition Assistance Programs, Nurse Faculty Federal Forgivable Loans, and other federal programs and scholarships are available.
Scholarships available through the Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science are based on merit and need. Special scholarships are provided through the Blystone family, Loretta Breyer, Edward and Gretchen Cairns, Yvonne Carteron, Mary Jane Charleton, Danvera Foundation, the Donald C. and Elizabeth M. Dickinson Foundation, Mary Gresko, the Marian Hubbard family, Ethel M. Horsch, the Barbara and Donald Jonas Foundation, Douglas and Betsy Manchester, Elizabeth Mottet, Dr. James Orwig, Dr. Irene Sabelberg Palmer, Dr. Janet A. Rodgers, Pearl and Natalie Surkin, the Stallard Trust, Cathleen K. Wilson, Julie I. Wilkinson, and Kaye and Richard Woltman Scholarships, as well as the Dean’s Merit Scholar awards, and the Dean’s Research Scholar awards.
Private Loan Fund
Loan funds provide additional assistance to students whose financial need cannot be met by other federal, state, or institutional programs. These loans include the low-interest School of Nursing Loan Fund.
To report typographical or design errors: Annie O'Brien, Academic Publications Coordinator.
For content errors, please contact the respective school or department.