Student Lab Guidelines
- Productions may be no longer than 90 minutes long.
- TAPS Department provides the following for all Student Lab projects:
- Venue for all auditions, rehearsals and presentations.
- Lighting equipment currently in Camino Hall, Room 131
- Sound equipment in Camino Hall, Room 131
- All rehearsal furniture currently in Camino Hall, Room 131
- Photo copying, with limitations and approval through Lori Fiori
- Promotional support for Student Lab Production
- Students are responsible for securing costumes, props, furniture and content sound needs for the presentations. Directors do not have access to departmental costume stock for Student Lab.
- Full Artistic support and feedback from all departmental faculty
- Student Lab projects are required to use the "Rep lighting Plot" in designated performance venue.
- Request for alterations or additions to the light or sound plot must be made in writing and submitted to and for final approval by Nate Parde
- If you are interested in directing Student Lab, please fill out the proposal below and submit it along with copy of script, concept, and any additional material to the Theatre Department
- All proposals are reviewed by a committee made up of faculty members and the department chair
- Performances are free based on a first come first serve basis. Tickets are not sold for student lab productions
- Student Lab is just that, a laboratory process for students to learn and develop their craft. The process and how it serves the training and program is being assessed and revised yearly.
Student Lab Proposal (DOC)