USD Psychology Club
The Psychology Club is a student-run organization that sponsors many psychology-related educational and social events each year. Events include field trips to the California Wolf Center, movie nights, invited talks by psychologists working in a variety of different settings, and panel discussions on graduate school options. Membership in the Psychology Club offers students a number of benefits:
- Get to know other psychology majors that share your goals and interests outside of the classroom. Members find a support system of students interested in pursuing graduate study or careers in psychology.
- Interact with USD faculty in a small group setting. Psychology Club members find out about research opportunities with USD faculty and learn more about how to get involved in clinical and other psychology-related activities in San Diego.
- See guest speakers and USD alumni discuss hot topics in psychology and career options for students post-graduation. The wide variety of topics that our speakers address are not only interesting, but often inspire students to consider career options of which they were not previously aware.
For more information about the Psychology Club, please contact any of the following officers:
- Faculty Advisor: Nadav Goldschmied, Ph.D (email@example.com
- President: Laura Gruninger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Niamh Murphy (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Nicole Stenoish (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Social Chair: Kelsi Koe (email@example.com)
- Publicist: Aryana Abraham (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Philanthropy Chair: Lindsey Binkle (email@example.com)
Join us for a panel discussion on 10/8/13 from 1:00-2:00 pm, Room TBA. Alumni of the department will come and discuss their current position, their training, general educational advice, etc. The participants are:
Jennie Kuckertzjkuckertz@gmail.com(Ph.D student, SDSU)
Kristie BergmanKristie.firstname.lastname@example.org(Ph.D student,Alliant)
Nicole Levin, email@example.com(MFT,Alliant)
Dr. Roger Perez,firstname.lastname@example.org(neuropsychologist)http://www.anhsocal.com/Roger-Perez-PhD-Neuropsychologist.html
Talk by Dr. Wendy Borlabi who is a sport psychologist with the US Olympic committee
Trip to California Wolf Center
End of the Year Party (Spring 2010)