Internship with the Office of State Senator Mark Wyland
Job Title: District Office Intern, Office of Senator Mark Wyland Job Description:
Positions are available in Senator Wyland’s District Offices located in Carlsbad and San Juan Capistrano.
Interns support the mission of the District Offices which is to:
• Provide effective and responsive service to the residents and community leaders of the 38th District;
• Provide professional support to Senator Wyland’s priory initiatives
• Constituent Relations: Tasks include greeting visitors, answering incoming calls, responding to inquiries regarding the status of pending legislation from constituents and stakeholder groups, and recording constituents’ policy positions in a database. Interns also design commendations recognizing the achievements of community leaders and draft responses to constituents regarding State legislation. Interns will also accompany staff to meetings with regional and community stakeholders.
• Research and Policy Support: Tasks include researching and developing recommendations for policy initiatives, specifically in the areas of spending reform/government accountability, improving the state’s business climate and education reform. Interns will research statistics and data to support these initiatives and develop policy position papers and support other research projects as needed.
Qualifications: Interested applicants should be a college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student with a concentration in political science, public administration or closely related field. Applicants need to have a proven ability for following instructions, providing outstanding customer service, performing several tasks concurrently and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Other required skills include ability to conduct Internet research and maintain confidentiality. Interns are requested to commit to a minimum of 12 hours/week. Hours can be flexible to work around school and other employment.
Additional Information: Interested applicants are invited to e-mail a letter of interest and resume to: Donna Cleary Office of Senator Mark Wyland 1910 Palomar Point Way Carlsbad, CA 92008 Donna.Cleary@sen.ca.gov
* Paid and unpaid internship opportunities are posted for informational purposes only. The postings do not constitute an endorsement by the University of the opinions or activities of the iternship provider.
|Contact||Susan Szakonyi | email@example.com | 619-260-6870|
|Attachment||Download for More Information|