One Heart Source is a student-initiated volunteer opportunity in Sub-Saharan Africa.
With little sustainable health care infrastructure or equal distribution of resources in most developing countries, the need for change is urgent; yet the implementation of this change needs to be done with passion, consideration, and long-term responsibility. You can help.
Volunteer with One Heart Source as a teacher and mentor in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Apply now for 2012 spring or summer programs. Application deadline is January 20.
Spring: 6 weeks in Arusha, Northern Tanzania
Summer: 4 and 6 week programs with placements in Tanzania, Zanzibar, and Cape Town, South Africa.
- Live with a host family and become an active member in their household.
- Improve the quality of education at your program site by leading English, community health, HIV/AIDS prevention, and science classes.
- Redefine the scope of community education by holding small, personal seminars about the issues most pertinent to the community.
- Inspire creativity by leading after-school programs in non-traditional subjects like dance and debate.
- Work with a small, dynamic team of international university students.
Be a part of our movement for sustainable social change. Together, we can make a lasting impact; in our own lives and in the lives of others.
Apply now for our spring and summer programs.
For more information and to download the program application, please visit www.oneheartsource.org/volunteer.