A group of 35 University of San Diego students and staff ventured just beyond the Mexico border on Oct. 19 to attend part of the two-week Tijuana Innovadora 2010 International Conference to gain a fuller picture about what this international destination has to offer.
The trip, led by USD’s Trans-Border Institute, enabled the group to learn firsthand about some of the five goals conference organizers sought from the event that ran from Oct. 7-21:
- Promote the image of an innovative Tijuana, nationally and abroad, to generate an influx of new investment.
- Pesent the technological development taking place in industry, education and art.
- Reflect upon the importance of supporting investment in research and education.
- Bring technology closer to society in order to have more competitive and committed citizens.
- Show key audiences the high levels of technology available in Tijuana and to share the culture.