Student Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- a working knowledge of selected topics from calculus, linear algebra, and a distribution of other branches of mathematics.
- the ability to determine the validity of a given argument and will be able to construct mathematical proofs independently.
- understanding of the mathematical basis of common algorithms, and the ability to calculate accurately and efficiently.
- the ability to solve problems, including applications outside of mathematics, by means of intuition, creativity, guessing and the experience gained through the study of particular examples and mathematical models.
- the ability to communicate mathematical ideas clearly. They will use correct mathematical terminology and proper mathematical notation.