Job and Internship Announcements
EASS Computer Science Internship 2012
The EASS department within ITS is looking for interns for some exciting opportunities for paid summer internships. As an intern, not only will you be able to apply coursework concepts to real-world situations while working alongside top-notch, engaging colleagues, but you will also gain valuable experience in business processes, system development life cycle and change management processes. Interns will be expected to work for a minimum of 8 weeks from June 15th – August 30th 2012. This could lead to a part-time/flexible hours opportunity during the semester.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on projects within our Portal/Mobile or Business Intelligence Teams. You will code, test, and implement complex programs from user specifications; develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to our established standards. You will also support and troubleshoot production systems as required to optimize performance, resolving production problems, providing timely follow-up on problem reports. Lastly, you will plan, schedule, and conduct user tests of systems.
We're a group of talented IT professionals and we need more people like ourselves. If you join us, we'll reward you for your skills, your ideas, and your drive by providing you with an environment where challenge, teamwork, and an opportunity to make a real difference happens every day.
Desired skills and abilities
- Students who have completed their first year of programming classes in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Java programming skills/school projects involving Java
- Database knowledge/school projects involving Databases
- Web design and development using GWT, Ruby on Rails, AJAX, etc)
- Strong oral/written communication skills are required
- Must be motivated to have an impact on our products, USD and the state of the art.
The EASS team is a cohesive and skilled team that is committed to helping our business users improve their business processes and be able to leverage technology to become more productive and serve their customers in a timely and responsive way. Our approach enables us to identify, develop, and implement solutions that align with our clients' visions and strategies.
how to apply
The position has been placed in the Student Life tab on the MySanDiego portal under the Career Services channel or you may use the direct link: https://mysdsvcs.sandiego.edu/eforms/eassinternship_2012.
FICO Quality Assurance Specialist
Attention: Computer Science/Engineering Students!
Quality Assurance Specialists Needed at FICO! Get industry experience and get paid at the same time!
Part-time, flexible day time hours/6 month duration/commensurate upon experience. Please read job responsibilities and qualifications to see if you are interested and qualify.
Please email resume directly to: QACollegeRecruiting@fico.com, or access Torerolink job board for more information.
As a Quality Assurance Specialist you will create and perform application, usability, functional, localization, regression and performance testing for business applications in a multi-tiered client/server environment. Evaluate testing results and enter problem reports in a problem tracking system. Review product specifications and generate test plan and test cases for product under test. Participate in QA project planning and scheduling. Provide input to other team members. Identify testing problems and generate solutions for projects or processes. Communicate product readiness, level of quality, and results to Quality Assurance Manager and the project team.
- Excellent testing skill and experience with commercial software development processes on Windows-based PC's, browser-based applications, multi-tiered client/server and UNIX environments.
- Experience in developing and implementing applications in VB, Java, Perl, Python, SQL, Korn shell or any other programming language.
- Proficient on UNIX and VI Editor.
- Technical skills using SQL and RDBMS (IBM DB2 Universal Database, Oracle) technology.
- Working on BS degree in Computer Science or related field and equivalent experience.
Additional Qualifications of Interest:
- Knowledge of Web Services and XML.
- Familiarity with enterprise applications development including JSP or .NET
- Experience with bench marking, performance and load testing for client /server.
- Mainframe knowledge of z/OS, CICS Transaction Server, JCL and REXX programming is a plus.
FICO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
FICO is not able to sponsor or transfer H-1B visa petitions or provide “green card” sponsorship for this position at this time.
USD Math Center Tutor
The Mathematics Center, located in Serra 310, is available and free to USD students on a walk-in basis. Math Center tutors provide peer tutoring to students who are in their lower level mathematics courses. The goal of the Mathematics Center is to provide short-term assistance as we help students become independent learners.
To apply, please read the Math Center Tutor Application Procedure.
- Choose a schedule that works for you
- Improve your mathematics and communication skills
- Feel satisfaction from helping other students become successful
- Receive payment
- Have a unique job/experience to add to your resume