Requirements for the MAIR Degree
- Approval of courses by the MAIR director for all 30 units.
- At least 24 units of political science at the 500-level, including Theories of International Relations (POL 570 3 units,) Comparative Politics (POL 500 3 units,) Research Design or Research Methods (POL 596 1.5 units or POL 530 3 units,) and Capstone (POL 595 1.5 units.)
- 0 to 6 units of relevant coursework chosen from undergraduate political science and/or graduate history, business administration, peace studies, and law.
- 0 to 6 units of travel courses.
- 0 to 6 units of graduate coursework in international relations from another university.
- 0 to 6 units of coursework in specified US Navy courses offered in seminar, on line, and other formats but not for cd-rom.
- Only one course (or 3 units) with a grade of “C+”, “C”, or “C-“ may count toward the degree. No courses with a grade of “D” or “F” count toward the degree (although all grades are calculated in the GPA.) One course (or 3 units) can be repeated (or a substantially similar course can be taken) to substitute for a course with a D or F grade.
- An average grade of "B" in the program (or GPA of 3.0) and a capstone grade of B or better.