University Ministry offers monthly service trips to Tijuana and November 9th is the next opportunity.
There is a $5 cost and a passport is needed.
All of the details and how to register can be found here.
Contact Erin Bishop for more information. (email@example.com)
What does the day in Tijuana include?
- Meet at 7:30am for brief orientation and hour drive to the San Eugenio mission
- Physical labor project (planting trees, patching a roof,laying concrete, etc.)
- Share lunch and learn more about life in La Morita
- Visiting with people of La Morita either in homes, or a residential facility for people living with HIV/AIDS, or a shelter for migrant men closer to downtown
- View border fence in two different places and peer at the U.S.from the Mexican side, learn about the history and impact of the border, and pray for people who have lost their lives trying to cross
- Dinner (provided)
- Reflect as a group on the impact of the experience
- Due to unpredictability with border wait times, it is difficult to know exactly when we will be able to return to USD, but previous groups have usually returned between 9:30 and 11:00pm.