Pi Delta Phi
Become a lifetime member of Epsilon Theta's USD chapter, Pi Delta Phi!
French National Honor Society
If you would like to become a lifetime member of Epsilon Theta, our chapter of Pi Delta Phi, you need the following:
- A grade point average of 3.0 in French
- At least one upper-division French classes
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.8
Dues are $30, and are paid once upon acceptance into the chapter. Each member receives a certificate and membership pin. French honor cords are $10. Wear them proudly at Honors convocation and graduation!
- Please make out a check for $30 payable to Dr. Michèle Magnin, PhD, director of USD's French program.
- Attach it to the form you can pick up in Dr. Magnin's office (Founders 144) with your permanent mailing address, local telephone number and e-mail address. If your name is not on the check, please write it in.
- Drop off both items in Dr. Magnin's mailbox in Founders 134-A.
Dr. Michèle Magnin, PhD
Director and Professor of French
Annual Essay Contest
- Pi Delta Phi solicits student essays each spring. There are two categories: undergraduate and graduate. Essays may not exceed 500 words (three pages).
- Only U.S. citizens who are currently enrolled in a college or university with a chapter in good standing with Pi Delta Phi may enter.
- The prizes, awarded in the fall, are: $200, $100 and $75 respectively to the top three undergraduate essayists. The top graduate essayist receives $300.